Defense Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCOR)
Army Research Office
A program to stimulate Defense-related R&D in states not traditionally receiving significant amounts of federal support for science and engineering.
Technology Maturity Level
6.1 basic research.
Typically $250K - $300K.
Selection Criteria for Draft Topics
Selection Criteria for Proposals
- Scientific quality
- Military relevance
- Expansion of university's capacity to perform defense-related research
- Personnel qualifications
- Actual or proposed interactions with other established R&D organizations
- Quality of resource analysis and request.
Command participation is indirect, by establishing collaborative relationships with eligible universities and encouraging proposal submission to the program.
|Public solicitation opens
- Fluid Resuscitation in Controlled Hemorrhagic Shock (University of Arkansas)
- In Situ Genetic Modification of Natural Microbial Communities with Genes of Value for Bioremediation (University of Idaho)
- Molecular Analysis of the Olfactory G-Protein Golf (University of Kansas)
- Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Optical Power Limiting Dendrimers with Greatly Enhanced Two-Photon Cross-Sections (Montana State University)
- In Situ Survival Mechanisms of Sulfate-reducing Bacteria in Polluted Marine Sediments (University of Oklahoma).